For a better experience please change your browser to CHROME, FIREFOX, OPERA or Internet Explorer.
Welcome to Canada Classifieds.
By accessing or otherwise interacting with the Company’s servers, services, websites, or any associated content or postings (collectively, “CC”) or by clicking to accept or agree when this option is made available to you, you agree to this PP in its entirety. You acknowledge and agree CC is a private website owned and operated by the Company. If you are accessing or using CC on behalf of a business, both you and that business accept and agree to this PP. The Company may modify this PP from time to time at its sole discretion. All changes made to this PP are effective immediately and apply to all access and use of CC. Your continued use of CC following any revisions to this PP will be understood as acceptance of and agreement to the changes made.
This PP describes the policy of the Company regarding the collection, use, storage, sharing and protection of your personal information. This PP applies to the website at https://www.canadaclassifieds.com (“Website”) and all related websites, subdomains, applications, services and tools where reference is made to this Policy (“Services”), regardless of how you access the Services, including access through mobile devices.
- What Personal Information is Collected
You can visit the Website without registering for an account, but in order to post ads on the Website, an account must be created. When you visit our Website, use our Services, or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us from your computer or mobile device. When you visit our Website or use our Services, you provide the Company with your personal information and you acknowledge that such information may be sent to and stored on our servers.
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use, e.g., name, phone and fax numbers, payment details, billing, or mailing address, and email address for account authentication purposes and any other information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third-party Services;
- Information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, or correspondence that is sent to us;
- Resumes and other contact information if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our careers page;
- IP addresses and location data;
- Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This additional information may include, without limitation: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data, and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
You agree that we may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- To personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- To contact you, by e-mail, push notification, or by telephone, to inquire about our Services and for the purpose of targeted marketing activities, updates, and promotional offers based on your message preferences (where applicable), or for any other purposes as set forth in this PP;
- To provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collect the information, and
- To consider you as a potential candidate if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page.
Where we use your Personal Information to send you a commercial electronic message, we will comply with Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL).
- Sharing Information and Registration on Social Media Sites
The Company may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third-party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
- If you provide us access to personal information stored on third-party websites, the scope of access to this personal information shall vary per website and will be determined by both your own browser settings and your consent. If you wish to connect your third-party account and you consent to the Company accessing the information in these third-party accounts, you agree that we can collect, use and store information from the third-party websites in accordance with this PP.
- The Company may share your personal information with third parties in accordance with this PP and applicable legislation and regulations. As further described under Section 5, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent.
- Companies to prevent, detect and investigate possibly illegal activities, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches, and to support decision making on products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication;
- Service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the Website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies, and technical support;
- Third parties (such as intellectual property rights holders, supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities) if we are required to do so by law, or in accordance with our PP;
- Companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organization or an acquisition.
- The Company may share your personal information with third parties for the following reasons:
- To comply with legal obligations or a court order;
- If sharing the information is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution;
- If sharing the information is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others;
- If you have given express consent to share your information to a specific third-party;
- If an owner of intellectual property or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the intellectual property owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser.
- Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the Website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
- The Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users. Since our Website enables you to directly contact buyers and sellers, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
- For use of our Website from a shared computer or a computer usage on a public network, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
- Marketing Purposes
The Company will not share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent. If at any moment in time, the Company requests usage of your personal information for marketing purposes, your express consent will be requested before any such use takes place.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
The Company understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. The Company cannot modify your personal or account information without your express consent. Any modification can be made to your own information by logging into your account. If your information is factually incorrect or incomplete or irrelevant for our purposes, you can request us to modify or delete your information.
If for any reason you want to close your account and create a new account with new personal information, please send all such requests to email@example.com or follow the applicable deactivation procedures detailed on our Website. The Company will process your request within a reasonable period of time and your personal information will be processed in accordance with applicable law. Such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable law. You can also contact Customer Support to access your personal information stored by us that is not directly accessible on CC. However, we may charge a fee to compensate the Company for the cost of access, which fee shall not exceed an amount permitted by applicable law.
- via the Contact Form;
- by writing to Canada Classifieds Support [insert physical mailing address].
- Protection and Retention of Your Personal Information
We protect your personal information by implementing technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused or misused, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, all personal information retained by the Company is kept no longer than is legally permissible and the personal information shall be securely disposed of when it is no longer necessary for the purposes described above. The Company further disclaims any liability in any claim arising out of any provision set forth herein.
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”) will not be tolerated. Users do not have permission to add other users to mailing lists (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if another user has purchased from you in the past, unless the user has given his or her explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing the Website (spam or spoof emails), please notify us here.
For your own personal security, we also recommend the following:
- Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person, other than the Company itself.
- Be cautious of all offers or advertisements involving shipping, we recommend dealing with people you can meet locally.
- Do not wire funds (e.g., Western Union), requests of this nature are often scams.
- Do not accept cashier checks, certified checks or money orders as fraudulent checks can be cashed by banks and you may be held responsible.
- Transactions should be between CC users only
- Do not give out personal financial information for any advertisement (e.g., bank account, social security, PayPal account, etc.)
- For any contemplated transaction or offer of employment refuse background or credit checks until you have met your landlord or employer in person.
- If you have fallen victim to a fraud or scam attempt you should contact:
If you have any questions about the Company or our Website, please contact us by clicking here. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at email@example.com.